Famous winter resorts in Bulgaria
Posted by: Inter HECS 3 years, 7 months ago
Winter travel ideas in Bulgaria
Do you like winter? We, from Inter HECS, love it! And we can’t wait for the holidays to go skiing! If you are into the fresh breeze of winter, the white coat of the mountains and the Christmas fairy tale, here are our recommendations in case you are interested in experiencing Bulgaria during the coldest months of the year:
- Borovets: 73 km away from Sofia and located in Rila mountain, the winter resort gathers everyone who loves skiing and snowboarding. There, we recommend the Yagoda (in Bulgarian “Strawberry”) and Malina bungalows (in Bulgarian “Raspberry”) - they are small cosy houses that can host 6 to 10 people.
- Pamporovo: … is a place that most people from Bulgaria absolutely adore. Located 85 km away from Plovdiv and in the Rhodopi mountains, the ski resort offers many ski runs. Also, the city of Smolyan is quite close so you don’t have to book an expensive hotel in the heart of Pamporovo.
- Bansko: is the winter hub, so to say. Especially on the 8th December. This is the “Students’ day” in Bulgaria so you can meet a lot of young people. The city is bigger in comparison to the other resorts so there are many pubs and clubs, spa treatments etc. However, staying there is rather expensive because of the significant amount of tourists.
- Dobrinishte: is where Bulgarians prefer to go as it is not that famous among tourists (and it is cheap because of that) and will also give you the opportunity to enjoy the winter season.
- Vitosha mountain: is so close to Sofia! You need like 30 minutes to get there (by public transportation) and you can put on the ski boots! However, it is usually packed because all people from Sofia are looking forward to seeing our capital from above while skiing.
Of course, there are also other places to go skiing - Uzana, Chepelare, etc. They are smaller and less known among foreigners, so if you look for a less touristic place, they might be just for you!
News in regards to admission in Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy in English at Plovdiv Medical University in 2020
Plovdiv Medical University is one of the best medical universities in Bulgaria - it offers Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy in English and welcomes over 500 international students every year! You want to apply for admission but you need more information? We have answered some of the most frequently asked questions - we are sure you will find the information very useful! Of course, if there is something else you would like to know - just contact us at [email protected]!
We are answering the top 20 frequently asked questions when it comes to studying abroad at Sofia Medical University, Bulgaria! Useful for applicants who want to apply for admission in Medicine, Dentistry or Pharmacy in English. We discuss living costs, apartments, application and entrance exam and other important topics.
Entrance test in Biology and Chemistry for admission in Medicine, Dentistry or Pharmacy in English at Plovdiv Medical University in 2020
Candidates applying for Medicine, Dentistry or Pharmacy in English in 2020 must sit an entrance test in Biology, Chemistry and English