Famous winter resorts in Bulgaria
Posted by: Inter HECS 4 years, 3 months ago
Winter travel ideas in Bulgaria
Do you like winter? We, from Inter HECS, love it! And we can’t wait for the holidays to go skiing! If you are into the fresh breeze of winter, the white coat of the mountains and the Christmas fairy tale, here are our recommendations in case you are interested in experiencing Bulgaria during the coldest months of the year:
- Borovets: 73 km away from Sofia and located in Rila mountain, the winter resort gathers everyone who loves skiing and snowboarding. There, we recommend the Yagoda (in Bulgarian “Strawberry”) and Malina bungalows (in Bulgarian “Raspberry”) - they are small cosy houses that can host 6 to 10 people.
- Pamporovo: … is a place that most people from Bulgaria absolutely adore. Located 85 km away from Plovdiv and in the Rhodopi mountains, the ski resort offers many ski runs. Also, the city of Smolyan is quite close so you don’t have to book an expensive hotel in the heart of Pamporovo.
- Bansko: is the winter hub, so to say. Especially on the 8th December. This is the “Students’ day” in Bulgaria so you can meet a lot of young people. The city is bigger in comparison to the other resorts so there are many pubs and clubs, spa treatments etc. However, staying there is rather expensive because of the significant amount of tourists.
- Dobrinishte: is where Bulgarians prefer to go as it is not that famous among tourists (and it is cheap because of that) and will also give you the opportunity to enjoy the winter season.
- Vitosha mountain: is so close to Sofia! You need like 30 minutes to get there (by public transportation) and you can put on the ski boots! However, it is usually packed because all people from Sofia are looking forward to seeing our capital from above while skiing.
Of course, there are also other places to go skiing - Uzana, Chepelare, etc. They are smaller and less known among foreigners, so if you look for a less touristic place, they might be just for you!
How will Brexit affect applicants from the United Kingdom who will study abroad in Bulgaria in 2021?
The team of Inter HECS wishes you happy holidays!
Apply now for admission in Bulgaria in 2021 and take advantage of early bird discounts for application and relocation services!
Our online event will let you learn more about university admission and life in Bulgaria - sign up now!
Apply for admission in Plovdiv Medical University - sign up for the entrance exam in Biology and Chemistry!
Sign up for the entrance exam for admission in Sofia Medical University in 2021 - suitable for international students in Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy in English!